Sunday, May 29, 2005

Hanging in the Boonies

Sunday afternoon at the end of a very busy week... leading into another. I need to be packing right now, but of course, I will put that off to the last the minute, as usual. I just returned from an overnight trip with some friends to a secluded jungle house about an hour outside of KL. A friend knew of a guy who has a house up there that he rents for weekends. The house is cared for by an Indonesian family that lives full time and provides meals for the guests. Before heading up there, I was home very briefly after spending three days and two nights in a 'kampung' (village) in rural Pahang, where I went for a homestay, as a means of practicing my Bahasa as well as getting a better idea of rural life in Malaysia. The pictures below are from that trip, which I will go into greater detail about when I have a little more time. Tomorrow begins another session of Bahasa classes at UKM (had a break between sessions last week).

Hi Ho Hi Ho... it's off to packing I go...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home