Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Of quiet, of silence, of tragedy

Last day of my trip. In Ubud, the art capital of Bali, mostly shopping. This has truly been nothing short of a spectacular trip. While the world was falling apart, I spent the last three days in the calmest quietest place I have ever experienced, inside and out. A place in North Bali recommended to me by my aunt. I spent three days in virtual silence, with no access to TV, radio, or email. Cellphone was put away. The pictures are to follow at the end of this week.

Every minute of this trip has been such an experience, I will never be able to do it justice in a blog or an email, but, you know me, I'll try.

On a less happy note, I returned to the real world this afternoon and had my first look at the news in three days. I am sad to see all of the things that have happened. Closer to where I am, the plane crash in Sumatra, (where Aceh is located), which followed a mudslide and a helicopter crash that also happened there last week, and of course, New Orleans. I about as far from Sumatra and the plane crash as my family in Michigan is from New Orleans, so no worries about my safety. And no, I'm not flying that airline home.

Okay... back to Bali for a few more hours...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home