More Rain... Time to Build an Ark
Geez -ous... I think I'm growing flippers on my feet... maybe some gills too! I've definitely lost any hint of tan I once had (admittedly, I do not actively work on this over here...) and everything has this sort of wetness to it... Clothes never quite dry (no clothing dryer), hair is always REALLY big, wounds that won't quite heal (from a little mishap on the bike a few weeks ago). Right now, it's coming down so hard I can't see 50 feet out the window. The nice thing is, it brings with it nice cool breezes and cooler weather. That part, I like.
Over the weekend I got to get out of the city for a few hours to go to Bukit Fraser, an old colonial mountain retreat. These exist all over Southeast Asia. In Vietnam there is Sapa and Da Lat where the French colonial administration used to go to escape the heat. In Malaysia, it's Bukit Fraser, Genting, and Bukit Tinggi. These are old British retreats. Being up there was like being in the English Lake District, minus the lakes. Same architecture, same kind of pubs and inns, and we even had scones and tea up there... We also did a short hike through a leech infested jungle, saw a below average waterfall, and just generally hung out and enjoyed the mountain air. All in all a nice break from the books and the rain...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home