Friday, December 09, 2005

95 degrees and Snowing

I feel kind of odd sitting down to write in the blog, knowing that I'm headed back to the US of A in roughly 48 hours, but at the same time, I feel like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off and yet, I'm not sure why. So, here' s a chance to pound on the keyboard for a few mintues while I ponder that.

I realized the other day that I don't actually own shoes that aren't sandals over here, leading to the connundrum of what to wear on the plane. So I've been half heartedly shopping for a couple pairs of shoes, but non-sandals are rather difficult to come by over here. On the other hand it's you're looking for tiny, princess like sandal-heels, of the, "I like your shoes but I wouldn't want to have to walk in them genre" they are available by the tons. This has created problems for me since I got here, as far as footwear is concerned because lets face it, I just don't have the feet of a princess. So instead, most of the time I slog around reasonably dressed in a blouse and jeans, and a pair of flip flops that I got at a garage sale for 75 cents. When you walk everywhere, comfort is everything. But alas, said flip flops will not be useful in 0 degree weather, so a shopping I will go. Of course I'm also getting everyone's gifts together over here. Luckily, since I have almost zero winter clothing over here, I have plenty of room in my suitcase for said gifts.

So I'm in a cold weather frame of mind, and yet the weather here has of late turned into a nasty soup of humidity and heat, culminating most days in big rain showers. And for some reason, my sleep has already started to turn itself upside down. It's almost as if the lack of stress has made my mind want something to think about when I'm supposed to be sleeping... So I wake up, I stare at the cieling, and eventually give up and get out of bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home