History's Defining Moments
Where were you when?
When.... I was:
John F. Kennedy was shot... Not even in the idea stages yet...
April 30, 1975 (Fall of Saigon) ... Ditto
July 4, 1976... Late
January 27, 1986... Home sick from school, watching the Challenger launch and subsequent explosion
Fall of the Berlin Wall... home talking on the phone with a friend (as I usually was at that age)
Start of the first Gulf War... Home sick again, watching a new TV with only one channel. 24 hour coverage of scud busters and Wolf Blitzer
9/11- In Tucson, woken out of a deep sleep by multiple phone calls from the east coast telling me what had transpired
Just some thoughts today, as I just noticed on CNN that today is the 20th anniversary of the Challenger Explosion. Until 9/11, I think that was the most mentioned defining historical moment in my generations history. Though the others I listed also came to mind...
Anyway, feel free to post your own comments on where you were and when. Do not post ads for other blogs. If I wanted to advertise on here I would.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home