Calling All Cat Therapists...
Once in awhile, something crops up in a news article that surprises me. Something that makes me have to go back and make sure I read it correctly, usually because it's reported in such a straight-faced, matter of fact manner. Last week it was the article about the couple who were arrested for making out in KLCC park, and the part I highlighted, about what they said they were actually doing. This week, it's Molly the cat in the story of the cat trapped in a wall in New York City. The fact that it made international headlines at all tells me that it was a slow news week. This is a good thing if you consider that a busy news week usually means lots of people have been killed. Anyway, so I'm reading about Molly the cat, and being a cat person myself, I think yes, this is sad, and I'm glad someone thinks it's important to get her out (though questioning it's significance as International News)... BUT... when I read this...
"Cat therapist Carole Wilbourn had used the sounds of whales on tape and soothing words to try to "give inspiration" to Molly.
"Oh come on Molly you can do it. We love you Molly," she said."
I had a good laugh. Sorry Carole, but, WHAT? Can you go to school for this? But then I did read somewhere that America spends like 2 to 3 billion dollars a year on their pets, so I guess this is where that money is going?

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home