Exams finished. Yea! Of course, that is not the light at the end of the tunnel. Thats more like the 2/3rds light. This week there are two more papers to be finished. Then, next week is thesis proposal presentation. Then, digging into the pile of research I've accumulated, and traveling a bit to accumulate some more. Then writing like a mad woman...
Other news, moving again. Colorful as my neighborhood is, the construction site across the street is becoming noisier by the day. At night, there are flood lights shining in my windows that the curtains don't block out. Also at night, when I walk home from the monorail there are large-ish groups of guys hanging around outside of the apartment. So far they've been relatively non-threatening, but overall it's a terribly safe feeling situation, nor terribly ideal for writing and working through my research with all the noise and the difficulty sleeping at night. So I've found a little studio back closer to where I used to live. It's back off the main streets in a Chinese/Arab neighborhood. The closest construction site is three blocks away. I'll be there for my last three months here.
Just saw the pics on Krazie's blog. She's off in Layang-Layang scuba diving all week. This is an atoll island about a half an hours flight from the Kota Kinabaloo in Sabah. The pics are amazing. You should check them out. It's a good reminder too that I need to take a weekend sometime soon and take advantage of all the good diving out here. I haven't gone since Australia eight years ago, but if I don't go while I'm here, well then I'm just dumb.

1 Comments:
Thanks for the promotion. Will post more pix soon, on the marine life, sky and sunsets.
Come diving with me at Perhentian on the 2-6 June. It will be fun :)
Post a Comment
<< Home