Happy Easter
The day totally flew past me. I completely forgot it was a holiday. Though not a huge celebration here, there are a significant enough number of Christians and Catholics around that I should've noticed before I got an SMS from one of my friends who is Catholic. In reality though, it's been years since I celebrated Easter. When I moved away from home for the first time, it was the first family holiday to go by the wayside. As in, sorry Mom and Dad, that coincides with Spring Break so I can't come home for it. Thanksgiving followed shortly thereafter. Still, my mom and dad used to make the best Easter baskets, and we all loved getting up and hunting for them. We had (parents still have it actually) an old crock that as kids we used to crawl into and hide, and it seems like I found my Easter basket in that crock more than one year. When we were real little Grandma and Grandpa would make a huge Easter Egg hunt in their backyard. We'd spend hours out there looking for chocolate eggs... Dad took over in later years. And inevitably, somewhere around September I'd be begrudgingly doing some cleaning chore (or figuring out how to make it look like I'd done said chore) and stumble upon an egg or two that we missed inside of the house.
I think I could still be motivated to hunt around the house looking for things if the reward was a treasure trove of yummy chocolate. Anyway, Happy Easter to my Mom and Dad and sisters...and all of my family and friends... Love you all very much.

1 Comments:
happy easter to you with a big warm hug. hope it was a great day for u :)
Post a Comment
<< Home