One more thing to check off the list...
Quick post. Just came back from presenting my thesis to the faculty of the history department at the University. It's been the last major hoop to jump through before I could really dig into my thesis. In all the proposal turned out to be 18 pages, and I was told it was one of the most professional they'd seen from a masters candidate. :-) Yea!
The thing that had me nervous was presenting to a group of Islamic academics, about Islam. But my comments and observations were well recieved. And I recieved a lot of positive feedback on ways to further focus the topic and also some other perspectives to consider. All in all, a very positive session.
The primary criticism I recieved was that I was taking on too much. (Never heard that anywhere before, huh mom?) To that I mostly just smiled because, while that might be true, I find the topic truly fascinating so though it's tiring and time consuming, it doesn't seem like work to me.
Anyway, gotta run, but thought I'd share... Might post the actual proposal in another blog if anyone is interested in having a gander...

1 Comments:
I'd love to see your thesis proposal. Their comments don't surprise me. I've always thought you were a professional of the highest calibre. You go, girl!
Post a Comment
<< Home