Bits and Pieces
I feel like I should write something profound, now that I'm 30. I guess it's called a thesis. The daily battles of tearing out my hair in frustration and bribing myself to stay on track, not lose my focus, and not get distracted cleaning my apartment continue, 30 or not. I had a good meeting with my supervisor the other day and she is proving to be far more effective as an advisor than I expected. I also gave her my schedule of completion which has me turning in a chapter a week, and this week, two chapters. Breaking it down into bite size portions makes it a more manageable task to be sure.
My 30th. What did I do? Well, ate alot, went to the beach, drank champagne, played scrabble, drank margaritas, and then D put together a great little surprise party at a very cool little Indian restaurant. All in all I couldnt have asked for a nicer birthday. (Nor could I ask for a nicer, more thoughtful boyfriend)
Remember those nasty pictures of the haze I sent you all last year? It's not back like that yet, but it's slowly seeping back into the valley. I know because I take twice the allergy medicine as usual and still have itchy eyes, runny nose, and all of that. Every time this happens I'm irritated, but I'm grateful that I don't live in Mexico city or one of the other more polluted cities of SE Asia where the air is like this, more or less all the time. The air here is not always great, but when I compare it with Bangkok or Jakarta, I still have something to be thankful for.
Anyway, what was I saying about getting distracted? So back to all that fun again... Have a beautiful day wherever you are... :-)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home