Dudie Rides Again... and ... The Crazy People Starbucks
The moto, that is. After sitting in the garage for many moons, I've finally gotten back on the bike. Unfortunately, the breaks are still in need of repair, as well as the mirrors, so I'm only willing to ride in the evening when traffic is light and I can go slow with less fear of being mowed down by a rabid Kancil (kancil= car that looks like a pregnant rollerskate). Tomorrow back to the shop to fix the last bits, and then up for sale... Yes, it's time to think about liquidating my assets as I start looking in a homeward direction. Still a bit of time to go, but it's going by faster than you can imagine...
And the Crazy People Starbucks... this is where I'm sitting right now, at 11 pm Monday night, watching all the people go by. I call it such because this is an all outdoor Sbucks on one of the busiest streets for foot traffic in the city. It is the heart of the tourists KL, and consequently attracts not only the foreign, but also the few-bricks-short-of a load, the few-pennies-short-of-a-dollar, and the odd run-of-the-mill-KL-ite as well. Often sitting here, you will find people sleeping with their head on the table next to you, or wandering among the customers looking for money, or just talking to themselves. Though these days, I can never be sure if they are talking to themselves or just into a very small bluetooth headset... It's busy down here until 3am at least (that's when the McFoot Massage people down the street finally pack it in and go home...) but even after that there is Indian and Chinese food available til the sun comes up... (actually, it's available then too...). I'd say this is the best place I know for people watching in the city...

1 Comments:
i love the crazy people starbucks! it is where i learned to blog, thanks to dudie. the mcfoot massage people are crazy though. and aggressive at that.
Post a Comment
<< Home