After the rain...
When I read my friend Lilach's blog today I had to laugh. It sounds as if she had the kind of day I did yesterday. I locked myself out of both my apartment and D's apartment, while he is away in Jakarta, and the city got it's first rain in weeks, which turned into a torrential downpour in rush hour that flooded the whole of the city. The only person with a spare set of keys to get me into the apartment that had ALL of my keys locked in it was on the other side of town, stuck at his office because the road running in front of it was flooded. The day went on, it just seemed like it couldn't get any worse.
And then I got to the bottom of the entry, and smiled. I can always count on Lilach to remind me, and herself, not to feel sorry for myself when I really have no reason, and no right. Shit happens, life goes on. But by and large, the shit that happens to me is miniscule compared to some of the stuff other people have to go through.
And then I went to my aunts blog. And she wrote a little about the journey that she, my mom, and her other two sisters have been on for the last week, raising money for breast cancer. They walked 60 miles in three days with the Susan G. Komen foundation and raised $11,000 between the four of them. If I have anyone to thank in my life for my sense of adventure, belief that I can accomplish anything, and my view of the world, it is in no small part because of these four ladies. Congratulations girls! I'm very proud of you. :-)
Anyway, thats my anti-feeling sorry for myself/what have I done for the world lately? blog for the day. :-)

1 Comments:
great that we get to inspire one another, though we are having very different experiences in very different asian capital cities ;-) from one strong, independent, progressive woman to another - always a pleasure to read your blog!!
Post a Comment
<< Home