Saturday, September 02, 2006

Whats the date today?

The sky was so clear when I got up this morning... Sometimes you don't even realize you're living in a haze until you get the chance to see without it. But the last couple of days the skies have been deep blue without a hint of haze dogging the skyline. Of course, I've still been mostly inside, working on my thesis.

I was startled yesterday when I noticed that it is September. Yes, I knew that Thursday was August 31, and yes I know that, as a general rule, September 1 tends to follow that date, but still, actually seeing the date was a little jarring. Primarily because that means a couple of important things. First, my thesis needs to be done, pronto. Second, in three very short weeks, I'm leaving here for New Zealand, and in four, I'll be back in Washington DC. None of these things are bad mind you, just coming up quicker than I expected. And with that, a million and one things I need to get done first. Honestly, you'd think by now I'd have these kind of transitions down to a science, but I think as I get older I procrastinate more, not less.

Nonetheless, it's coming and I'd have more luck stopping an oncoming train moving at full speed. The good news is, I've sorted out a place to live in DC, thanks to my friend Jeff. He got me in touch with a friend of his who has a place available. She seemed quite cool, so at least for the first month, I'll be living there. It's a little further out than I'd like, in Grosvenor, but it's walking distance to the metro and my new roommate appears to be quite a cool person.

Anyway, there is a thesis to be written. Just wanted to keep the blog up to date-ish. :-) Cheerio!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home