Changes in Latitudes...
"Its those changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes, nothing remains quite the same... with all of our running and all of our cunning... if we couldn't laugh we would all go insane..."
The wise words of Jimmy Buffett rescue me again in my moment of jet-lagged frustration,mixed emotions, and culture shock. Its true, I am back in the USA. I arrived yesterday after a long, but thankfully uneventful series of flights from KL through to DC. I even made my connection in Detroit, including going through immigration and customs and re-checking my bags, with enough time to have a margarita with Hazel. Hazel is a 50-odd year old English teacher who has lived in Taiwan for the last 15 years. She was sitting accross the aisle from me on the Japan-Detroit leg, and was also heading to Baltimore. She was good fun to talk with, especially as she could relate to the reverse culture shock thing, and chatting about Asian culture. I had planned to get her contact info after the last leg of the flight (we were sitting in different parts of the plane) but lost track of her when I realized that my luggage had once again gone on vacation without with me.
Thats right, for the second time, I came back to DC from Malaysia and for the second time, my luggage had gone AWOL. THanks to modern technology, they located it quickly enough, but it did not find its way to my doorstep until Sunday afternoon.
Jet lag? Memang, jet-lag besar. Mungkin yang paling teruk yang saya pernah mempunyai. Pagi ini, saya dah bangun pada pukul 3, dan tak boleh tidur selepas itu. Saya bernasib baik kerana ada ramai kawan di Malaysia yang ber ada di kerja pada masa itu. Sekarang merupakan macam saya akan berlatih BM saya banyak pada pertangahan malam. ;-)
For now, this will be the last entry on the Malaysia blog. I have started another blog "In Search of Dudie Too" which you can find by clicking on the title of this entry. I miss Malaysia you all like crazy... I still have to sit down and write a real letter to you all, I've just been a little short on time since I got back...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home